SLAP generally collects 2 categories of Customer Data. These are
Customer’s personal details (“Personal Data”) such as –
- Your personal information e.g. name, gender, date of birth, NRIC, passport or other identification details, education and professional qualifications, hobbies and interests;
- Your contact information e.g. physical address, email address; phone numbers;
- Your payment methods and details e.g. credit card information, including the cardholder’s name, card number, billing address and issue and expiry date;
- Your health information e.g. medical records or fitness profile;
- Your dance experience and expertise e.g. number of years, expertise levels, amount of training previously received.
General Statistical Data such as preferred timings, types of classes, types of instruction preferred etc. such information is collected purely for statistical analysis so that SLAP can tailor its classes, courses and other services to you. Such general statistical data is aggregated, and your Personal Data will not be reflected in this category of data.
Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
Reasons for collection
It is necessary for you to provide your Customer Data, except where the request for data is marked “optional” in the forms. This is required in order for SLAP to provide its services to you in a way that is safe and enjoyable, and for SLAP’s appraisal of its service standards and internal quality controls. For example, SLAP will generally try to group students of similar ability and experience in the same class so that all students can equally enjoy and benefit.
The failure to supply such Customer Data may result in (i) SLAP being unable to provide you with the services requested; (ii) SLAP being unable to provide you with the levels of safety or instruction you deserve, or (iii) contacting you for product or customer satisfaction surveys or to provide you details of classes or other services that may be of interest to you.
Safety, security and legal compliance.
SLAP may also use and disclose your Customer Data with and to third parties for reasons of safety, security or legal compliance. For example, should it be necessary for SLAP to assist you in obtaining medical attention, SLAP may disclose your health information to medical service providers.
In addition, SLAP SIA may also use and disclose your Customer Data to persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorized representative(s) for the relevant purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Your Personal Data held by SLAP will be kept confidential except where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a reasonably related purpose, for which the data was collected to the following parties:
- Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with SLAP;
- Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of, or jointly with SLAP in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the Personal Data was provided, e.g. instructors or course co-ordinators ;
- Any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to SLAP and has undertaken to keep such information confidential, provided such person or company has a legitimate right to such information; and
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureaux, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested.
SLAP also may disclose Customer Data to our legal advisors for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, to our other professional advisors, or as otherwise authorised or required by law.
You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by sending a written notice to SLAP. Your notice may be transmitted by email or fax.
Statistical Data is not linked to a customer record and SLAP does not need to seek your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of Statistical Data.
Access to, and correction of, Customer Data
Upon your written request to SLAP, you will be allowed to view and/or obtain a copy of your Personal Data. SLAP reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service. In exceptional circumstances, SLAP reserves the right to deny you access to your Personal Data and may provide an explanation as required by applicable laws. Exceptional circumstances include where SLAP is assisting an investigating authority or government institution, and that organisation objects to SLAP complying with your request.
To ensure that your Personal Data is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please inform SLAP of changes to your Personal Data by notifying SLAP of your updated particulars. SLAP may also request Personal Data updates from you from time to time. However, the obligation is on you to ensure the accuracy and currency.
SLAP will retain Customer Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, its legal or business purposes, or as may be required by law. Following the expiry of such periods, SLAP will destroy your Personal Data in accordance with its internal procedures.
SLAP undertakes to make reasonable security arrangements to protect Personal Data in its possession or under its control in order to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar.